1. Research-based, customer-focused, and dynamic. We are always seeking to enhance the effectiveness of our solution for students, parents, administrators, and teachers.
2. We partner with boards of education and schools to implement the curriculum in school systems.
3. The education is delivered by college students, the group that teens are most likely to hear and receive. This is the MAGIC!
4. We place emphasis on both relationship building and education. College students spend at least two weeks getting to know the high school students before presenting the curriculum.
5. The curriculum fits into the freshman high school experience in P.E. and Health curriculum. The actual presentation fits into one class period so that time is not taken away from other instruction.
6. The curriculum is personalized to the needs of male and female students. We break our education into two small groups with approximately 15-20 same gender students in each small group.
7. College-to-teen and teen-to-teen conversation increases the likelihood of buy-in adoption by teens. The peer interaction component of education is essential to behavior change because young peoples' are tremendously influenced by their peers.
8. Teacher education is the most essential component. Teachers are the first and last line of defense. Teachers learn the root causes of sex trafficking, its effect on the lives of victims, how and where it starts, who is the predator, what are his/her devices of deceit, the role of organized crime and street gangs in sex trafficking, how we recognize the victim, and what to do when they are recognized.
9. Parent education is an essential support of student education. We invite parents to a meeting in which we teach them what their students will learn. We will continue to work on this aspect of the program as it is the most difficult target market to reach.
10. We build and service high school chapters of Traffick Jam. We meet with the high school clubs once every two weeks. The purpose of the club is to reinforce the Traffick Jam message, build relationships, focus on the students' significance and future, and provide an outlet for high school students to discuss issues.
11. We incorporate Georgia Cares Hotline, an online confidential mechanism for high schoolers to report and discuss issues related to sex trafficking. This link is on our website and social media.